I find the word heroine very absurd: Soha Ali Khan
Even her debut Bollywood film Dil Maange More, released in 2004, reflected this choice.
“When I did my first film Dil Maange More, I chose the character of a girl who chooses her career over the boy. But then everyone was like, ‘You are not the heroine of the film! She has to get the hero.’ But I felt the other role was more interesting,” Soha said.
The 34-year-old, daughter of veteran actress Sharmila Tagore, is appreciative of the kind of cinema the Indian film industry is witnessing currently.
“It is not hero-heroine driven. It is not even star-driven. It is script and plot- driven… this is more exciting for me,” she said.
“There is no point regreting anything. I don’t look into the past. Of course, there are films which I have done, which have not worked. But I don’t dwell in those,” she said..
Soha will be seen next in Tigmanshu Dhulia’s “Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster Returns”. She believes it is essential to strike the right rapport with a film’s director.