What’s Parineeti Chopra’s problem with Priyanka Chopra

 

Parineeti Chopra doesn’t like being called Priyanka Chopra’s cousin. Not that she doesn’t love her cousin, it’s just that every time she is discussed, Priyanka’s name is mentioned. Parineeti now wants her own identity.

“I am proud to be Priyanka’s sister. But I want to be known for myself, the way Ranbir is known although he is Kareena Kapoor’s cousin. People should forget where I come from. I don’t want to be called only Priyanka’s sister. I want to be as good as her. People should say Priyanka and Parineeti are both fabulous actors.”

Priyanka Chopra is not a competition for Parineeti, at all. “How can Priyanka be my rival? She is been here so much longer. I think I am lucky that I am known after just two films as more than Priyanka’s cousin. People say we’re both good actors.”

Parineeti is a trained singer just like her cousin sis PeeCee.
“It runs in the family. My dad and Priyanka’s dad are brothers. They used to sing together on stage. And when Priyanka and I were kids, we performed on stage together. So yeah, I love singing. If I get a chance to make a dream singing debut like Priyanka, I’d grab it. Maybe later.
And I also love reading. But most of all I like sleeping. That’s when I regain all my energy. Then I go out and act.”

Parineeti rejects stardom. She says, “I am not a star at all! Stardom comes after years of work. It doesn’t happen with two films. Let me get a solid 7-8 years of work done before we talk of stardom for me. I’m just lucky to be here at a time when audiences are willing to watch newcomers. Yeah, I do enjoy being recognized on the streets. If that didn’t happen, I’d be really depressed. My aim is to be known by everyone who sees films. I don’t want any viewer to ask, ‘Parineeti who?’”

Popular posts from this blog

Samantha Ruth Prabhu

Wardrobe malfunctions: Marilyn Monroe moments