~~ Stars pay tribute to Yash Chopra ~~





Nine actresses and superstar Shah Rukh Khan who have been a part of Yash Chopra films, came together to salute the legendary filmmaker who gave romance a whole new meaning in Indian cinema.

Leading ladies Rekha, Sridevi, Madhuri Dixit, Rani Mukherjee, Juhi Chawla, Preity Zinta, Katrina Kaif, Anushka Sharma and Parineeti Chopra walked the ramp at YRF studio for the show which was organised as a tribute to the late filmmaker on his birth anniversary.

The event kickstarted with Anushka Sharma walking the ramp as she paid tribute to late Nargis Dutt. Anushka donned a black sari with red bindi, while Parineeti Chopra, dressed in a heavy red ghagra choli, paid tribute to Madhubala.

Wearing a golden-pink silk sari, Rekha took to the ramp and said the famous dialogue - "Main Aur Meri Tanhaai" and later danced to 'Yeh Kaha Aa Gaye Hum' from her film 'Silsila'.

"I thank Yash Chopra from the bottom of my heart to present me in a beautiful manner in his films. We will miss you," Rekha said.

Sridevi, who looked elegant in Rajputana Rajhasthani wine colour ghagra, said she misses Chopra.

Madhuri dazzled the ramp in a black colour sequence sari. Preity Zinta and Parineeti Chopra spoke about having paratha's with Chopra.

"All these actresses have one thing common...Being directed by Yash Chopra...Something I missed out on. But I had the honour of meeting him almost everyday, whenever I was here (YRF studio), having lunch with him. Wish him happy birthday from all of us," Parineeti said.

Preity Zinta, who wore Kashmiri white sharara, said "May his soul rest in peace ...We all miss you.

Rani Mukherjee, who wore an embroidered ghagra, got emotional while talking about Chopra.

"I miss you Yash uncle. I feel sorry I couldn't make a cake for you on your last birthday as I was busy with other commitments. I miss you everyday," a teary-eyed Rani said.

Superstar Shah Rukh Khan concluded the fashion show by walking the ramp in a black suit.




























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Samantha Ruth Prabhu

Wardrobe malfunctions: Marilyn Monroe moments